Frequently Asked Questions
Applicants who do not speak Russian can study it for a year at the preparatory courses before the start of their basic academic program. You need to indicate in your application form that you need preparatory courses, and you will attend Russian language classes before the basic academic program.
If you are looking for a general medical education program, you need a General Medicine (31.05.01) major. To search for this program, you can go to the advanced search section http://russia.study/ru/programs and enter 31.05.01 in the “Educational program” field.
Lomonosov Moscow State University accepts foreign citizens according to its own rules within the limits of the allocated quota. Contact the university directly to find out about the admission procedure. You can choose other universities on our website.
Applicants can choose only one educational program.
Once you have selected an educational program, only the organizations that implement the selected program can be added to the application editing form. If you can't find a university in the list of available universities, check which programs available at this university using http://russia.study/ru/organizationNavigator.
Please indicate your country of citizenship when registering. If you do not have citizenship, indicate your country of residence.
Compatriots are citizens of one of the following categories:
- Persons born in one state, now residing or used to reside in it and showing evidence for common language, history, cultural heritage, traditions and customs, as well as lineal descendants of these persons.
- Citizens of the Russian Federation residing abroad.
- Also, persons and their descendants residing outside the territory of the Russian Federation and, as a rule, peoples historically residing in the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as those who have made a free choice in favor of spiritual, cultural and legal liaison with the Russian Federation, persons whose lineal relatives used to live in the territory of the Russian Federation, including
- Persons who had the USSR citizenship, residing in the countries of the former USSR, who subsequently became citizens in these countries or stateless persons;
- Emigrants (natives) from the Russian State, the Russian Republic, the RSFSR (Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic), the USSR and the Russian Federation, who had the appropriate citizenship and became citizens of a foreign country or stateless persons.
To take part in the program, sign up on the Russia.Study website using the "Register" button. Fill out the "Personal data" and "Application" pages and attach the documents in the "Documents" tab.
More detailed information on admission procedure can be obtained at the Russian Embassy in your country http://www.mid.ru/en/maps
You can download your application by clicking the "Print Application" button below your photo.
The cost depends on the specific university. You can find the cost at the university page at http://russia.study/ru/organizationNavigator and check with your advisor.
The service fee payment guarantees the colleges will consider your application and invite you to the entrance tests (which are conducted at the university premises or remotely). Based on their results, a decision will be made regarding your admission.
The service includes the following:
- revision of the candidate’s documents to ensure their compliance with requirements of the universities;
- preparation (together with the candidate) of a motivation letter (if such is stipulated in the university requirements);
- submission of the application and document package to the universities for consideration and reply reception (up to 6 universities);
- arrangement of the candidate participation in the remote entrance tests (if such are stipulated in the university requirements);
- guaranteed enrollment in an educational program of the preparatory department (division);
- execution and handover of the invitation;
- consultations on the questionnaire filling and documents completion;
- consultations on the visa-related issues.
To submit an application for paid education:
1. Press button “Fill the contract application”.
2. In tab page “Application”, specify your choice of the educational program and the universities, taking the education cost into account.
3. Press button “Send the application” and pay the service fee. We will examine your application, submit it to the universities for consideration and inform you of the result.
If you have any questions about paid education, please write as at firstname.lastname@example.org
It depends on the specific university and program. To check this information, you can use the search tools: http://russia.study/ru/navigator to search for educational programs and http://russia.study/ru/organizationNavigator to search for the universities. You will also find the program price lists there.
The specified cost includes one-year education according to the selected program. The dormitory accommodation, transportation and other expenses are paid separately.
Application are checked by Russian Embassies in the applicants countries. If you need to add any information or documents, your will get your profile back for editing with a comment, and you will receive a notification with this comment.
You can also contact directly the Russian Embassy in your country.
In this status, only employees of the Russian Embassy in your country can upload documents. You will be able to upload additional documents after the selection in the country, when the status of the application changes to "Selected for quota".
Enrollment in contractual-basis programs is done by means of competition. You should come to the university in person and take the exams.
Such opportunity is provided for those enrolling in the contractual-basis educational program by the National Research University Higher School of Economics and Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation. To enroll in other universities, you must come and take the exams at the university premises in person.
The results can be found at the testing center, and the results will be entered into the system by the Russian Embassy employees in your country.
No, your quota exam results will not count. You need to take exams at the university.
You can upload documents if the application status is "Selected for quota”. When you upload the documents, the Embassy employees will see them.
Please be patient. The assigning will take place in September at the latest. If you received a quota for free education, you will definitely be assigned to one of Russian higher education institutions.
You can also address the Russian Embassy in your country at http://www.mid.ru/ru/maps and obtain detailed information regarding the enrollment.
Once the assignment to a university is complete, it cannot be changed.
You can try transferring to another higher education institution after having studied for a year in the university to which you have been assigned.
To receive your assignment, please wait for your status to be changed to “Directed”. The education assignment execution may take until the end of August
To obtain a visa, you need no invitation/ assignment. You will need your visa invitation number and your passport. You can obtain a visa in a place you have specified in your application as the “Place to receive the visa” starting the date specified in your profile in “Visa information” section. When applying for a visa, please make sure you state that you have received a quota for free education in Russia.
If you need the assignment to submit in to the military commissariat, please write to the technical support department and we will send you the scanned copy of it.
You must wait for the status of your application to be changed to “Assigned”. After it, you should get in touch with the international department of your university and address it all questions concerning the enrollment document package. The enrollment takes place after you arrive to the university.